Tips for Interviewing
- Settle and make welcome the candidate with a warm greeting.
- Provide candidate with glass of water.
- Do not provide anyone with a swivel chair (in case they start
to swivel, especially the candidate).
- Ensure that interview questions have been well thought through.
Furthermore, prepare some supplementary questions for each selection
criteria in case these questions fail to elicit the expected
response, or the information the panelist need.
- One question can be a scenario type question i.e. test what
the candidate would do in a certain position.
- Ensure that the interview panel is beyond reproach i.e. there
is no bias to or against the candidate.
- Avoid any use of language that may be viewed as sexist.
- The arrange of chairs should be more circular rather than
linear. This is more friendly. C = Candidate; 1,2,3 = Panelists
Copyright and Disclaimer | About the author Leo Isaac | Email Webmaster